COVID-19 Prevention Policy
RHM Consultants’ commitment
RHM Consultants is committed to carrying out all work safely, and with all possible risk mitigation measures in place in protecting the health and safety of workers, subcontractors and other persons who may be affected by our business operations. RHM Consultants operates within legislative and regulatory requirements.
RHM Consultants has implemented numerous initiatives in taking a proactive approach in limiting the impact of COVID-19, as follows:
- Management continues to monitor and observe Government advice and will proactively review emerging issues in assuring that we are applying best practice in response to the COVID-19.
- Unwell workers are not permitted to come to the workplace. It is a requirement that if a worker is unwell; sneezing; coughing; sore throat; and/or have a temperature, they must stay at home and consult a doctor and follow NSW Health advice.
- Hygiene is a priority. Staff and subcontractors have been reminded to be vigilant with personal hygiene. Following NSW Health’s advice good hygiene practice includes:
- cleaning hands thoroughly;
- covering sneezes or coughs with elbow or with a tissue, or a flexed elbow;
- avoiding close contact with people who are ill;
- staying home when sick;
- physical distancing – where reasonably practical maintain a 1.5m physical distance from others.
- Mask wearing. Masks must be worn and used according to NSW Health’s guidelines. RHM Consultants will provide masks for staff, where required.
RHM Consultants is mindful of the importance of working together with a shared focus on the well-being and safety of our employees and customers whilst maintaining a commitment to project timelines. Some project timelines may be affected due to circumstances beyond our control.
Minimising disruption to our customers is a high priority for us, second only to the health and well-being of our staff, our customers, and the broader community.
In supporting our COVID Safe Plan we ask that customers:
- Please phone or email first where possible
Should a customer wish to raise an issue with staff we ask that customers email or phone the relevant staff member. If a meeting is required, an appropriate forum will be organised in observing NSW Health’s guidelines.
- Let us know if anyone is self-isolating or in quarantine
If you are self-isolating, at risk or symptomatic, it is essential that you notify RHM Consultants prior to your scheduled booking, and where possible an alternative inspection date will be arranged. Please notify our office at the time of your booking if you have any concerns, are at high risk, and/or require our staff to wear a mask on the day of your inspection. During our work with a customer, it would be appreciated that if the customer becomes aware of a person, we are in direct contact with who is required to self-isolate in relation to COVID-19, please let us know. RHM Consultants will not work in areas where a person is self-isolating or in quarantine. This is important in limiting the impact of the coronavirus spread.
- Identified “hot spots”
Should a customer be identified as being associated with a confirmed hot spot by NSW Health we request that the customer advise RHM Consultants as soon as possible. It is important to observe the Government’s requirements in protecting the community.
- We will let our customer know, in cases where we are working on a project, if any on site staff test positive for COVID-19 or is required to self-isolate. We believe that this is essential in protecting ourselves and the broader community.
Customers are encouraged to provide feedback and suggestions, as we work together in assuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all.
This policy will be reviewed as required in meeting the emerging issues and the Federal and State Governments’ directives.